Texas Criminal Defense and Family Law Lawyers
Throughout Dallas-Fort Worth and Collin County, Texas, the Shapiro Law Firm has provided representation for matters of criminal defense and family law for more than 40 years. We have strong ties to the community and are committed to serving it. If you are facing an arrest, a divorce or another challenging legal issue and need to speak with a lawyer, we can provide the honest answers and effective solutions that you deserve.
At the Shapiro Law Firm, our top priority is getting the best possible outcome for our clients. We want every client to feel that he or she received the highest-quality representation he or she could get. To speak with one of our lawyers, call us at 972.423.0033 or toll free at 800.554.5247. You can also reach our firm online.
Continually Recognized for Our Successful Results
At the Shapiro Law Firm, our lawyers have successfully handled many complex and high-profile cases in Texas, including those involving professional athletes, politicians and other prominent figures. We have been continually recognized by many local and state publications for our achievements. Todd Shapiro is frequently asked to share his opinion on high-profile cases in the news.
Howard Shapiro has been selected for inclusion in the Texas Super Lawyers list by Texas Monthly magazine and Todd Shapiro has been included in the Super Lawyers Rising Stars list by the same publication. Both Howard and Todd have received this honor on numerous occasions over the past decade.
Experienced Criminal Defense in Plano
Our experienced criminal defense attorneys know that every case is different and the right approach will depend on several factors, including the severity of the charge. When we take on a criminal defense matter, we examine every aspect, such as the admissibility of the evidence and whether we believe we can have the case dismissed on constitutional grounds. Sometimes the best option is to go to trial.
Whether you are facing a misdemeanor or felony charge, we will always take the time to explain your options to you. We handle the following types of cases:
- DWI/DUI charges: The penalties for DWI/DUI in Texas are severe. Whether this is your first or your third drunk driving charge, it is critical that you hire an experienced attorney to protect your freedom.
- White collar crimes: Prosecutions for mortgage fraud, identity theft and other white collar crimes have increased in the past few years. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling these complex cases.
- Drug crimes: A drug charge in Texas can follow you for the rest of your life. We handle all kinds of drug crime cases from drug possession to trafficking.
- Sex crimes: If you have been accused of a sex crime, your future is on the line. Our attorneys are sensitive to your need for discretion. We provide aggressive defense representation.
- Juvenile offenses: A juvenile charge can have a significant impact on your future. Our attorneys have a strong background working in the juvenile justice system and will work diligently to minimize the impact of any charges against them.
- Violent crimes: We also defend against assault crime charges, weapons cases and other violent crimes.
- State and federal crimes: We handle all types of state and federal cases.
Skilled Family Law Advocates
At the Shapiro Law Firm, we know that the decisions made during a divorce, custody case or other family law case will impact our clients and their families for years into the future. Our family law services include:
- Divorce: Divorces are complex because they involve more than ending a marriage. They require a skilled lawyer who can look after your needs now as well as in the future.
- Division of Property: One of the most difficult aspects of divorce is property division. To prepare for your life ahead, it is important you have a lawyer who can help you preserve your assets.
- Child custody: Determining what happens with the children can be extremely stressful. Our lawyers will help you understand the difference between legal and physical custody. Our goal is to protect your interests in a child custody dispute while looking out for the best interests of your children.
- Child support: Whether you are looking to establish child support or need to modify an existing order, we will guide you through the process.
- Family violence: Family violence includes everything from domestic violence and child abuse to sexual abuse and molestation. Our attorneys help abused individuals obtain emergency support orders and defend those who have been falsely accused.
While we provide comfort and support for the emotional side of family law disputes, we also focus on the financial issues and other concerns that need to be resolved in the process. We understand how to pursue resolutions that protect the interests of our clients and their families.
Contact the Shapiro Law Firm in Plano, Texas
When you need assistance from an experienced attorney in Plano, Collin County or the Dallas-Fort Worth area, contact the Shapiro Law Firm. Schedule an appointment for an initial consultation by calling our office at 972.423.0033 or toll free at 800.554.5247.