Todd Shapiro joined his father, Howard, at The Shapiro Law Firm, in 2003. A native of Plano, Todd has made North Texas his home for most of his life, except for years spent in college and law school at The University of Texas at Austin. He graduated from The University of Texas School of Law in 2000 and was licensed to practice law in the State of Texas in November of 2000.
Todd began his legal career as an Assistant District Attorney for Dallas County. As a prosecutor in Dallas, he handled a wide range of cases, from simple misdemeanors to the most complex felonies. This experience at the Dallas DA's Office has proven to be vital in his work over the past decade as a criminal defense attorney.
As a defender of citizens accused of various crimes, Todd has an uncommon combination of experience, knowledge and desire. A veteran of hundreds of courtroom battles, Todd has earned a reputation as an accomplished trial lawyer. He has handled many high profile and important cases around the Metroplex. He has represented students and housewives, professionals and retired persons. Athletes, doctors, lawyers and politicians often consult and use him during their most trying times. Todd is at his best when the stakes are highest and members of the community have found themselves accused of the most serious of offenses. As a result of these efforts, many of his clients often come from referrals - from former clients, from other attorneys or simply from people around town who have heard about his experience and expertise in these areas.
Todd has been recognized by various organizations as a leader in his field. He was named as the Best Criminal Lawyer in Plano by the Plano Star Courier in 2011 and 2012. He has also been named by Texas Monthly as a Super Lawyer multiple times over the past decade.
Areas of Practice
- Child Support
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Traffic Violations
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D. - 2000
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. - 1997
- Major: Government
- CARE Program, lectured Guest speaker, Chemical Awareness Resources and Education, 2014 - Present
- 22nd annual Conference on the management of Adults and Juveniles with Sexual Behavior Problems
- Keynote Speaker, February 23, 2014 - February 25, 2014
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008 - 2011
- "Readers" Choice Award - Criminal Attorney
- Superlawyers, 2008 - 2014
- Readers choice Award
- Plano Star courier- Best Criminal Attorney, 2011 - 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Collin County Bar Association
- Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- The University of Texas Cowboys Alumni Association
- Collin Co Bond Board, Member, 2014 - Present
- Collin County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association