Drug Charges Involving Illegal Mushrooms, LSD and Psychedelic Drugs
The species of mushroom known as “psilocybe” is prevalent in the Southwest parts of the U.S., including Texas. Known as “magic mushrooms,” they are found in cow and horse manure. What draws drug users to these mushrooms and other psychedelic drugs are the hallucinogenic effects they give off. Users of these types of drugs say they experience a “trip” and are associated with the extreme effects of the drug LSD.
Possession of Psychedelics in Texas
Our North Texas drug crime defense law firm handles all types of drug offenses, including those involving:
- 2C-I (“Smiles”) — A synthetic drug (psychedelic phenethylamine) commonly used by teens known as “Smiles,” gives a hallucinogenic effect
- LSD — In penalty group 1A under Texas drug laws, which means serious potential penalties, including up to 99 years in prison if convicted as an enhanced first-degree felony
- MDMA — Also known as “Ecstasy” or “E” is a penalty group 2 drug under Texas laws and also could result in serious criminal penalties
- DMT — Hallucinogenic substance known as “dimethyltryptamine,” and also called a “Businessman’s Trip” or “Fantasia”
- Peyote/mescaline — Grows on Texas-Mexico border, in low doses gives hallucinogenic effects
If you or a family member has been charged with or is being investigated for a drug crime involving illegal mushrooms, LSD or other psychedelic drugs in North Texas, it is important to seek the help of an experienced attorney. At the Shapiro Law Firm, our team of skilled drug defense attorneys has more than 40 years of experience. We are experienced in bringing results to our clients that matter as we are zealous in seeking the best possible result for each client’s particular drug case.
Charged With a Drug Crime Involving Psychedelic Drugs?
If you have been charged with a drug offense involving illegal mushrooms, LSD and other psychedelic drugs, contact us at the Shapiro Law Firm and speak with one of our drug crime lawyers. Call our Plano, Texas, office at 972-423-0033 and schedule a consultation.