PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of Covid-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us in-person, via telephone, or through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options.



Law Firm

Get help 24/7

Helping You Achieve Your Child Support Goals

At the Shapiro Law Firm in Plano, Texas, our family law attorneys are dedicated to protecting children. When you come to our law firm to address child support concerns, we will protect your interests while always emphasizing the impact your decisions will have on your children.

Our attorneys have been serving families in Texas for more than 40 years. Call us today at 972-468-0716 to discuss your child support concerns.

Protecting the Best Interests of Your Children

In Texas, child support is almost always awarded to the custodial parent of minor children. Matters of child support often arise in the divorce context, so it may feel as though it is a measure of fault or an indicator of blame. It is not. Child support is not intended to pass judgment on the parents or as a penalty for the noncustodial parent. It is designed to ensure that children have adequate financial support and that both parents share in the financial responsibilities of raising children.

The amount that a noncustodial parent will pay in child support is generally established according to statutory guidelines. Although this level may be adjusted based upon individual circumstances, these guidelines are often followed closely.

Handling Modification of Existing Child Support Arrangements

Circumstances change. If your circumstances or those of your child’s other parent have changed substantially, you may be able to modify the child support payments. A parent suffering a particular financial hardship may be temporarily exempt from child support, or a modification of the child custody arrangement may also prompt a change in the child support payments.

If you want to seek a modification of your child support arrangements, or if your child’s other parent is seeking to modify these arrangements, we can effectively represent you. We will protect your interests and those of your child.

Get Legal Help Today

Contact our lawyers to discuss your concerns.